Thursday, March 22, 2007

Inspiration

I gather it from a lot of different places. However, when I sit down to write there is only one place that can give me the inspiration I need: Music. Not only do the lyrics the song possesses inspire my stories, but also the song's tempo, melody, harmony, rhythm, strength, softness and texture. I find it very interesting how music opens my imagination and helps me create the characters and worlds in my stories. Just plain interesting.

For the past month I've been working on writing my next film project (yes, i've started on my next film project even though Paralytic isn't finished yet). As I have finally come to a finish with the treatment I look back at what particular music drove, pushed and inspired my newest story to a finish. This project is what I've been calling my secret project and even though it isn't a secret that I have a new film project I'm still going to keep what the story is under wraps. For how long I don't know, we'll see. Looking back at the writing process I decided I'd share with you some of the songs that inspired my pen. So this time around these two songs from Haste the Day are what I believe to be the main inspiration behind my newest story.

CHORUS OF ANGELS

Chorus of angels, destroy my silence that haunts me
It claims me, while darkness walks beside me

I saw the angels sing along to wake up the beautiful sleeping world
Their voices will rise to test the strength of man
Wake up the beautiful sleeping world

We will see the fire. The skies will open up
The clouds will burn red and our sins will forget us.
And time will not shake us. Our hearts are made of gold
These walls won’t over-take us. These walls won’t over-take us

Chorus of angels, lead me in a prayer that will shake the foundations of the earth.
Wake up now

STITCHES

Five words, five words is all it would take
Five words to change your heart and mind
In the heat of the sun I know you’re the only one
You still can’t hold yourself together
Alone…Alone…
All alone you have this conversation to satisfy your most intimate inner thoughts

Then you bite your lip when it matters most
A shade of red in sight
Can you taste the blood?
Taste it on your lips

Rip the seam
Then I’ll show you how the strings become the stitches in your mouth
In your silence we are louder
When the strings become the stitches in your mouth

Your growing imagination preparing you for what your heart requires to say

Five words, repeating over in your head
That’s all you ever have to do
Five words
Is it really that hard to say you’re worth more than this?
1) You’re 2) worth 3) more 4) than 5) this

Rip the seam
Then I’ll show you how the strings become the stitches in your mouth
In your silence we are louder
When the strings become the stitches in your mouth

So yeah, I might release info on my new project as it develops, I might not. We shall see. But for now, you know some (since lyrics are not the only inspiration music gives me) of the inspiration behind it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home