Wii vs Reality
One of my friends recently bought the Wii and let me say, the Wii is one of the most fun video game systems I've played. If you don't know what the Wii is, go to www.wii.com and edumicate yourself. Along with the system comes a compilation of simple, Wii-playable sports. In this compilation, you can play tennis, baseball, golf, bowling, and boxing. Among my favorites and most fun to play would have to be bowling. Outside the virtual world, I really enjoy going to the local alley and throwing a few 12 pound balls into pins, but its been a couple of years since I've done so. I actually even use to be in a bowling league, I don't know why or how, but I was. So for the past couple of weeks, we've been getting together here and there and enjoying a night of Wii sports. And with playing bowling on the Wii it has made me really want to go bowling, you know, in real life.
Well, last Sunday I took the oppurtunity and went bowling with the high school group at Crossroads for their Superbowling event and hung out with my old small group guys and Nacho Libre. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed lacing up the bowling shoes again, but since then I've been drawing a comparison between the Wii bowling and real-life bowling. In doing so I've come up with three bowling facts between the two.
Bowling fact #1: In real-life bowling there comes a time when you're muscles in your arm and thumb get really sore from playing five games in a row, however, in Wii bowling there is no such soreness.
Bowling fact #2: In real-life bowling you don't have the nice arrows to lock down where exactly you want the ball to go so as a result you have your arm whaling around everwhere throwing the ball everywhere but where the pins are. In Wii bowling you have the nice arrows that lock down exactly where you want the ball to go and it goes there and knocks down pins. (Disclaimer: Even though I just made the bowling on the Wii sound really easy, it isn't. You still have to go through the motions of bowling the ball on the Wii, so using arrows to lock down where you throw the ball doesn't necessarily result in you knocking down pins, but the point is the arrow thing reall helps).
Bowling fact #3: In real-life bowling my highest score is 128. In Wii bowling my highest score is 180.
Let's see: No soreness, nice hand-dandy arrows, and high score of 180. I think I'm going to stick with Wii bowling and ditch this real-life bowling stuff.
Well, last Sunday I took the oppurtunity and went bowling with the high school group at Crossroads for their Superbowling event and hung out with my old small group guys and Nacho Libre. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed lacing up the bowling shoes again, but since then I've been drawing a comparison between the Wii bowling and real-life bowling. In doing so I've come up with three bowling facts between the two.
Bowling fact #1: In real-life bowling there comes a time when you're muscles in your arm and thumb get really sore from playing five games in a row, however, in Wii bowling there is no such soreness.
Bowling fact #2: In real-life bowling you don't have the nice arrows to lock down where exactly you want the ball to go so as a result you have your arm whaling around everwhere throwing the ball everywhere but where the pins are. In Wii bowling you have the nice arrows that lock down exactly where you want the ball to go and it goes there and knocks down pins. (Disclaimer: Even though I just made the bowling on the Wii sound really easy, it isn't. You still have to go through the motions of bowling the ball on the Wii, so using arrows to lock down where you throw the ball doesn't necessarily result in you knocking down pins, but the point is the arrow thing reall helps).
Bowling fact #3: In real-life bowling my highest score is 128. In Wii bowling my highest score is 180.
Let's see: No soreness, nice hand-dandy arrows, and high score of 180. I think I'm going to stick with Wii bowling and ditch this real-life bowling stuff.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home